Warning this granola recipe is addictive!
Granola Recipe Ingredients
When I’m not teaching jewellery courses or making jewellery commissions you might find me mixing up this granola recipe. This recipe is very easy and makes a mountain of granola so I highly recommend it.
- 2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil
- 125 millilitres of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of Honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 300 grams of rolled oats
- 3 teaspoons of sesame seeds
- 3 teaspoons of brown linseed
- 50 grams are sunflower seeds
- 50 grams of pumpkin seeds
- 50 grams of flaked almonds
- 150 grams of assorted nuts (I choose raw cashews, pistachios, brazils, hazelnuts and macadamia nuts)
- 50 grams of dried fruit (I like sultanas raisins, apricots, cherries)
- 50 grams of toasted coconut flakes
Following on from our conversation the other week on Facebook I decided to look up a good granola recipe and make it myself. I admit since I made this granola I have been addicted to it. breakfasts are something to jump out of bed for now. I was getting bored of porridge and banana. The following recipe is my adaptation of the BBC Good Food recipe which can be found on the Good Food Show website.
This granola recipe is heavy on nuts and light on fruit because that’s how I prefer it but you can put any combination are fruit and nuts that you like in it. Taking you up on your suggestions (thank you!) I’ve found this granola is delicious for breakfast with plain yoghurt and fresh fruit. Flat white peaches, that are in season at the moment, are particularly delicious with it.
It did cost a little bit to buy the ingredients for the granola but I wanted good quality nuts that would make a tasty breakfast. Plus now I have plenty of ingredients to make more granola whenever I want it.
Set Oven temperature to 150° C or Fan 130° C or Gas 2
- Weigh out your nuts and break them up into large chunks with the end of a rolling pin
- Take a large bowl and mix together the dry ingredients below (except the coconut and fruit)
- In a jug mix the oil, maple syrup, honey and vanilla essence together well
- Pour the sweet mixture over the dry ingredients and coat well
- On a large metal baking sheet (or two smaller baking sheets) spread out your coated granola mixture
- Bake the granola in the oven for 15 minutes at the above temperature
- Weigh out the coconut and fruit and mix it into the hot granola mixture with a spoon
- Return the granola mixture to the oven and bake for a further 10 to 15 minutes
- Allow the mixture to cool before serving
- Store the granola in an airtight jar or container and it will last for up to 1 month
If you try out this recipe let me know how you get on with a comment below. Also let me know if you tried out any variations on the fruit and nut ingredients and how that tasted. ENJOY!
I Lurve Instagram
For beautiful images, sneaky behind the scenes pics and videos be sure to follow me on Instagram here…
Join my mailing list
Be the first to hear about special offers, giveaways, invitations to events and exhibitions. You’ll only receive one email per month.
Become a Facebook fan
Get social with me! Like my Facebook Page here for chats, what’s new and all the good stuff you need to know…